If you find yourself feeling out of balance, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is going on?
- How is my physical body? Close your eyes and feel, tune in.
- How is my emotional body? Close your eyes and feel.
- How is my mind? Am I present? Or I am in the past (depressive feelings) or future (anxious states)?
Depressive states usually need a Yang activation: moving your energy, showing up more, facing fears, etc. Depression creates a stagnation in the energy field, so it’s important to clear toxic emotions and traumas and bring flow back into the body and mind.
An anxious state is calling for more relaxation – more Yin energy. This is because anxiety means that there is too much movement in the body – too much Yang energy. Integration is needed: space to digest, breathe, slow down.
- What judgments am I entertaining? Who or what is to blame? Notice the story.
- Is this a recurring state? Where in my life do I notice these feelings and stories showing up?
- If my life is a teacher, what am I trying to learn by experiencing this reality? Can I begin to own that my triggers are my gateways to a new way, if I take time to inquire?
- Can I slow down, stop and breathe? If I can’t, have I been consumed by this state and will I need to do some clearing work with a therapist of choice? This is a time to seek support!
- What supportive, loving and kind thing can I action? This can include saying no to things, creating space and prioritising you.
- When balance starts to flow in, notice. In this space, sit down and have a good look, an overview of your life. What is not working and creating imbalance? Ask yourself what choices need to be made to help create a more balanced you, to prevent future disharmony.
Remember that all decisions made from a balanced state will yield a harvest of more balance. If you want to optimise your life, balance must be achieved before any success can be manifested.